Starship Size Comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starship Size Comparison

Have to add this here, made it a while back but features the awesome work of the on-site modellers. Hope I did ya'll proud

SpacialKatana on YouTube
    Lightwave2015.3 * i9 9900K * Win10 64Bit * 1TB WD SSD * 32GB DDR4 * Asus RTX 2080 OC

A Killer Ending. ^^

Very nice!
    DA: https://www.deviantart.com/amras-arfeiniel
    My B5 models: googledocs
    My garden diary: Hossenhof
    Elite Dangerous: Inara

Comment

What always got me was the Klingon Bird of Prey is nearly the size of the USS Enterprise CVN 65 and yet when it was hovering over that small fishing boat in The Voyage Home it looks about half that size. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfLrqlpkh2A

Nice comparisons though.

Comment

Originally posted by John Marchant View Post
        What always got me was the Klingon Bird of Prey is nearly the size of the USS Enterprise CVN 65 and yet when it was hovering over that small fishing boat in The Voyage Home it looks about half that size. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfLrqlpkh2A

Nice comparisons though.
        Yeah there's a lot of controversy about the size of the BOP, and how it always seems different from scene to scene across the franchise. It was the hardest to verify, I just made mine the right looking size for the Next Generation based on what I could find to read from any FX team material.
        SpacialKatana on YouTube
        Lightwave2015.3 * i9 9900K * Win10 64Bit * 1TB WD SSD * 32GB DDR4 * Asus RTX 2080 OC

Comment

Yeah the size did seem to fluctuate quite a bit even in just one film. The BoP when its sinking and they are all getting out looks no bigger than 40 meters at the most. I always remember the first time i saw the supposed size of 330 Meters, i though wow that did not really come across at all. It looks the size of an average naval frigate/destroyer, not an aircraft carrier. Anyway i suppose with all of these things best not to read to much into them. This and the Millenium falcon exterior and interior were the biggest jarring size issues i always had, im sure there are more though.

Comment

Ive seen sizes for the BoP from 34 meters up to 330 meters, thats a hell of a difference.

Comment

I seem to remember seeing this at the time you did it. It looks familiar at any rate.
              Those who say it can't be done,
              should stop interrupting those of us who are busy doing it!

------------------------------------------------------------
              Other Projects

The Universal Joint
              Beechcraft 2000 airplane
              LadyBug (Firefly class freighter)

Comment

Originally posted by Rigel View Post
                I seem to remember seeing this at the time you did it. It looks familiar at any rate.
                I don't recall posting this one here. I did three, these first two were sort of test runs:-

SpacialKatana on YouTube

Comment

Excellent videos!
                  Medicus ad astra, non laedant...

Comment

Originally posted by TrekMD View Post
                    Excellent videos!
                    Mission accomplished, glad you liked them
                    SpacialKatana on YouTube

Comment

Working...
                    X