Lightwave - Cubic Projection UV Maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightwave - Cubic Projection UV Maps

Does LW not have cubic projection when creation a UV map? I'm not used to doing UV's in LW. All it shows is Planar, Cylindrical, Sphere, or Atlas. What am I missing?

Thank you if you have a chance to respond.
    ...follow the calmness, the absence of pride.
    Sutta Nipata

". . . the price of success is dedication, hard work, and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen."
    - Frank Lloyd Wright

Whatever "goes wrong" will teach us.

Originally posted by Bells of Freedom View Post
    Does LW not have cubic projection when creation a UV map? I'm not used to doing UV's in LW. All it shows is Planar, Cylindrical, Sphere, or Atlas. What am I missing?
    The tool you are searching is Texture Guide (found under Map->UV/Texture->More)
    It also allow you to take the first color texture found in a specific surface as a primarly input.

hope this helps
    chris

Comment

Thanks, Chris. I'd recently learned about Texture Guide but didn't think of trying that at all. I'll give it a go.

Oh, and btw, how much have you used Houdini, out of curiosity? I really like it, though I have a long way to go. I eventually want to be able to create semi-complex models and try changing something in the early stages of the model, and then re-cooking. I've heard it's pretty amazing.
      ...follow the calmness, the absence of pride.
      Sutta Nipata

". . . the price of success is dedication, hard work, and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen."
      - Frank Lloyd Wright

Whatever "goes wrong" will teach us.

Comment

Originally posted by tischbein3 View Post
        The tool you are searching is Texture Guide (found under Map->UV/Texture->More)
        It also allow you to take the first color texture found in a specific surface as a primarly input.

hope this helps
        chris
        Thanks. All these years later your response saved someone's life!
        Many years of seeing the name "Texture Guide" and I never knew what it was for!

Comment

Working...
        X